Before I became a lawyer coach, I practiced law as a commercial litigator for nearly 20 years at Clark Hill PLC, a large Michigan firm based in Detroit. As a partner and litigator, I worked with a wide range of clients, from Fortune 500 companies to medium and small businesses.
I informally mentored and coached my colleagues and other friends during those years. As a partner and former Recruiting Committee Chair, I knew the importance of building on individual lawyers’ strengths to help them, our clients and our firm. Eventually I realized that my professional development role was more stimulating and fulfilling than nearly 20 years of litigating contract disputes. As I re-read Jim Collins’ Good to Great, an idea took shape and I did my due diligence. Seeing an unmet need in the legal profession, I decided to combine my skills, experience and passion to help individual lawyers build on their strengths and take charge of their practice and career. I trained as a coach and left my firm in May 2008 to start my lawyer coaching practice.
- B.A. (1986) and J.D. (1989) from the University of Michigan
- C.P.C.C. (2009) from The Coaches Training Institute
- Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association, President 2011-2012
- Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association Inn of Court Organizing Committee, 2012-present
- Washtenaw County Bar Association Board of Directors, Vice President 2016-2017
- Women Lawyers Association of Michigan, Wayne Region President 2013-2014 and Washtenaw Region member, former state board member
- Ypsilanti Bar Association, 2009-present
- State Bar of Michigan Representative Assembly – representative for Washtenaw County, 2009-present
- ABA Women Rainmakers, 2011-present
- Bench Bar Culinary Challenge for Charity, organizing committee 2009-present
- AV Peer Review Rating Martindale Hubbell
- Recipient of Women Lawyers Association of Michigan’s inaugural Regional Leadership Award, 2012
- A recipient of the 2013 Women in the Law award presented by Michigan Lawyers Weekly
- Recipient of the 2015 Distinguished Advocate Award from the Women’s Bar Association a.k.a. Oakland Region of Women Lawyers Association of Michigan
- Recipient of the 2015 Firm Foundation Award from the Barristers Section of the Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association
- Recipient of the 2016 President’s Award from the Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association
- Summer Camp Scholarships, board member, 2014-present
- Chapter Advisor, Alpha Phi International Fraternity, Theta Chapter, 2017-present
- Detroit Association of University of Michigan Women, President 1996-1998
- Frequent speaker and author of articles on business development, career management, networking, job searching and social media.
I love combining my legal experience, coach training and passion to make a difference in my clients’ lives and in the legal profession.